2011年8月24日 星期三

ALC Day3, 8/02, Tue

This morning’s class is my first Effective Communication Class and Topic Development Class. I think the EC class is more fun because we can chat a lot in class. However, the TD class is much tougher. The first homework today is to read two long articles about 13 pages. And at that time, I totally didn’t know that I will spend almost all my time after class in the TD class’s homework and have no time to write journals…

After lunch, here came the landmark tour in Stanford campus. Stanford campus is too much bigger than NTU campus so that I walked very tired. And buildings in campus are too similar that I cannot know where I am. I think Stanford campus is very unfriendly to visitors or freshmen here.

At night, we came to Stanford Shopping Center. It is very surprising to me that they have a shopping mall in campus! It is just a campus!! I cannot imagine that if there were a shopping mall in NTU. The price of restaurants in shopping center is almost $10 to $15 every meal. I think that’s why American restaurants in Taiwan are considered very expensive… Same price in Taiwan, you can eat to full in a luxury restaurants. Finally, I found a McDonald. It is the cheapest restaurant in the shopping center but it’s still two times more expensive than Taiwan! Nonetheless, the size of the hamburger is the same as Taiwan’s. I’m curious about how can Americans feel full after eating in McDonald?

沒有留言:

張貼留言